Tuesday 13 August 2013

4 months of Bell's Palsy - 4 meses de Parálisis de Bell



[ENGLISH] Today it is 4 months since the onset of Bell’s Palsy. I really cannot believe that so much time has passed, so many things have happened (R is two weeks old!) and I am still with Bell’s Palsy. I am better, YES, I can finally feel that I am improving but the improvements are very slow. I can now move my mouth quite a bit but it still doesn’t seal around the glass/cup when I drink, I cannot rinse my mouth after brushing without spilling and my smile is pretty loop sided. I am starting to be able of moving my eye and eyebrow, only slightly. And, my nose is not moving but I can feel something. Not everything is good news though, my mouth sometimes seems to get stuck into “pulling mode” and that gives me a bit of a joker aspect. There seems to be a bit of synkinesis, my mouth pulls when I am trying to move my eyebrows. It is definitely time to go back to the doctor to seek their opinion and try to get a referral for a physiotherapist. I have found one who works for Sydney University and her research specialty is recovery of facial paralysis.

[ESPAÑOL] Hoy hace 4 meses que empecé con la parálisis de Bell. Cuesta creer que ha pasado tanto tiempo y tantas cosas han cambiado (R ya tiene 2 semanas!) y aún sigo con la parálisis. Estoy mejor, definitivamente SÍ, finalmente puedo decir que estoy mejorando, pero las mejoras son muy lentas, lentísimas. Ya puedo mover bastante la boca, pero aún no está normal, no sella alrededor del vaso/taza cuando bebo ni puedo enjuagarme la boca sin que se me salga nada después de lavarme los dientes; mi sonrisa aún es muy asimétrica. Empiezo a ser capaz de mover el ojo y la ceja, pero sólo un poquito de nada. Y mi nariz no se mueve pero empiezo a sentir algo. No todo son buenas noticias, mi boca a veces se queda atascada en posición tirante y me parezco un poco al joker de Batman. También parece haber un poco de sinkinesis de tal manera que mi boca tira cuando intento mover la ceja. Definitivamente es el momento de hacer otra visita al médico y ver si me da un volante para visitar una fisioterapeuta que he descubierto que trabaja en la Universidad de Sydney, y cuya investigación se especializa en recuperación de parálisis faciales.



No comments:

Post a Comment