Tuesday 19 November 2013

R’s baptism – El bautizo de R


Parents and child at the church for the Christening
R wearing my grandfather's baptism gown
R con la capa de bautizo de mi abuelo

[ENGLISH] So after the warmest and driest weeks ever we are now in the middle of some serious rain. I was imagining the almost 20 people we had over for R’s baptism beautifully spread between our tiny living room and our patio… but no, it was pouring down so we had to be inside. It worked well and we had a really good time.

Tarta de chocolate fondantWhy did we baptise R if we aren’t practising Catholics? I take religion as something that gives us a set of guidelines about how to be good persons and how to live as part of a community. In that sense, Catholic traditions are my traditions and I want them to be my sons’ traditions as well.
For the catering I did a thermosaturday… I cooked and cooked and cooked until I thought that the Thermomix was going to pack her stuff and go back to Spain. For starting we had Salmorejo, Quiche Lorraine and Chicken and Chorizo Risotto. For sweet, we had Tarta de Santiago, Chocolate Cake and Croissants (only thing I did not make) with Mango Confiture. We also had cheese boards, olives and lollies. Everything was really good, and I think that I am now refining the Chicken and Chorizo risotto recipe enough to share. I will write it down next time I make it. The chocolate Cake from Velocidad Cuchara was a success with nothing left over. Tasty and easy, it is really perfect!

Table with food for the baptism celebration
Add caption
We were delighted to have our friends and family over and I think that everyone had a great time; I would have liked to invite more people but we simply would not have fitted. Sometimes I really wish that my house was bigger so I could have people over all the time.


[ESPAÑOL] Después de una buena temporada en la que Sydney ha vivido las semanas más cálidas y secas de las primaveras que se recuerdan ahora estamos en medio de una fase lluviosa brutal. Mi visión para el bautizo de R era tener nuestros casi 20 invitados distribuidos entre nuestro saloncito y la terraza… pero no, caían chuzos de punta y tuvimos que meternos dentro. Aun así apretaditos, todo salió bien y nos lo pasamos genial.

Por qué bautizamos a R si la verdad es que no somos católicos practicantes? Para mí la religión no es más que un conjunto de directrices que nos enseñan a ser buenas personas y a vivir en sociedad. En ese sentido, las tradiciones católicas son mis tradiciones y quiero que sean las de mis hijos.


En cuanto al catering pues lo hice yo… un thermosabado… cociné, y cociné y cociné hasta que pensé que la Thermomix estaba a punto de hacerse las maletas y volverse a España (creo que sabe que mi madre no la haría trabajar tan duro). De salado hice Salmorejo, Quiche Lorraine y Risotto de Pollo y Chorizo. De dulce, una tarta de Santiago, una de chocolate Fondant y Croissants (lo único que no estaba hecho por mí) con Confitura de Mango. También unas tablitas de queso, aceitunas y chuches. Todo estaba buenísimo y creo que ya le estoy cogiendo el punto al risotto de pollo y chorizo, de aquí a nada igual me animo a publicar la receta. La tarta dechocolate de Velocidad Cuchara fue un exitazo, no quedaron ni las migas. Rica y fácil, perfecta!



 
Nos encantó tener amigos y familia en casa, y creo que todos lo pasamos muy bien aunque a mí me hubiese gustado invitar a más gente. La verdad es que me encantaría tener un salón más grande para poder invitar a más gente más a menudo. 






No comments:

Post a Comment