Thursday 20 June 2013

20th of June - 20 de Junio



[ENGLISH] Today I have realised that the 20th of June marks the anniversary of several things that changed my life:

  1. Eight years ago, in 2005, I moved to Australia. 
  2.  Five years ago I was offered a permanent (continuing) position in Academia. The same day that my little friend W was born.
  3.  Today I received a letter acknowledging the work that I have been doing since January 2012 as director of a research station (I will talk about it in another post) and they are going to pay me extra for it!

 The combination of the three points above has significantly changed my life... the last one implies that I will not have to make an effort to pay for a trip to Spain with both of my sons once #2 is born. B will not be able of coming as he will be finishing project but I will get to see my family and my friends!

P.S.: On a Bell’s Palsy update the left side of my face has been tingling all day... is it a sign of recovery or is it that winter has started and I am cold? Maybe the 20th of June also marks the beginning of the recovery... here is wishful thinking J I have been told to have supplements of Potassium and Magnesium Phosphate... I will check with my midwife to see what she thinks.

Cold and rainy with a rainbow
Frío y lluvia con arco iris.

[ESPAÑOL] Hoy me he dado cuenta de que el 20 de junio marca el aniversario de unas cuantas cosas que cambiaron mi vida:

  1. Hace ocho años (2005) que me mude a Australia. 
  2.  Hace cinco años saqué mi primera plaza de profesora universitaria. El mismo día que nació mi amiguito W.
  3. Hoy me ha llegado una carta en que la dicen que aprecian el trabajo que llevo haciendo desde enero del 2012 como directora de una estación de investigación (tema para otro post) y que me van a pagar un dinerillo extra por ello!

 La combinación de los tres puntos anteriores realmente ha cambiado mi vida… el último implica que no tendremos que hacer muchos números para pagar un viaje para ir a España durante mi baja maternal con los dos niños. B no va a poder venir ya que estará acabando un proyecto pero por lo menos yo veré a mi familia y amigos!

P.S.: He sentido cosquilleos en la parte paralizada de la cara durante todo el día… es una señal de recuperación o es que ha empezado el invierno y hace frio? A ver si el 20 de junio también marca el inicio de la recuperación de la Parálisis de Bell J Un neurópata me ha recomendado que tome Fosfato de Magnesio y de Potasio… lo confirmaré con la matrona antes de empezar.

No comments:

Post a Comment