Wednesday 12 June 2013

Two months of Bell’s Palsy - Dos meses de Parálisis de Bell


[ENGLISH] It started 2 months ago while I was travelling in Europe. It was fast and frightening and within two days I could not longer move the left side of my face, not even blink. Things got worse for a couple of weeks and since then I have been “noticing” some slight improvements. I have done acupuncture for a month and a half and while I think is helping, it is not speeding things up as much as I would like. It looks like it is going to take me months and I don’t really want to be expending $150 a week in a treatment of mostly acupuncture and cupping that “might be helping”. I will wait to see what happens after baby is born to decide whether I need further acupuncture or not. I might recover spontaneously after the baby is born!

[ESPAÑOL] La Parálisis de Bell comenzó hace 2 meses mientras estaba de viaje por Europa. Todo comenzó muy rápido después de lo que parecía un dolor ligero de oído, en 2 días se había paralizado toda la parte izquierda de la cara y no podía ni parpadear. La cosa empeoró durante un par de semanas y desde ésa que he empezado a notar ligerísimas mejorías. Me he dado acupuntura durante un mes y medio, pero, aunque creo que ha ayudado, no creo que lo suficiente como para justificar $150 a la semana. Voy a esperar a tener el bebé en julio antes de decidir si necesito mas acupuntura o no. Puede ser que me recupere así que nazca el bebé!



No comments:

Post a Comment