Thursday 13 June 2013

Australianity - Australianidad



[ENGLISH] Today I became Australian. I am really happy about that, as I really like it here. Mixed feelings however, as it makes my stay here look more permanent, not that this is bad, it is just too far away from my family. You can see in the photos how Bell’s Palsy makes me look like a Picassian creation.


It is often said that Galicians feel homesick, we have “morriña” and end up comparing anywhere in the world to “miña terra Galega” (literally, my Galician land). Someone shared in Facebook today an article from traveller.es explaining the concept of Galifornia, this is comparing California and Galicia, apparently it is everywhere (?) in Instagram and you can read the full article here (sorry, in Spanish only, but you can see the photos), it is pretty good... perhaps I should start the concept of Gaustralia :)




[ESPAÑOL] Hoy me han concedido la nacionalidad Australiana. Estoy muy contenta ya que me encanta vivir aquí. Al mismo tiempo también me asusta ya que, de alguna manera, hace que mi estancia aquí sea más permanente. Esto me encanta pero estoy muy lejos de mi  familia. Se ve en la foto como la Parálisis de Bell me hace parecer una creación Picassiana.


Se dice de los gallegos, que siempre tenemos “morriña” y acabamos comparando todo el mundo con “miña terra Galega”. Hoy he visto en Facebook que alguien ha compartido un artículo de traveller.es en el que se explica el concepto de Galifornia, comparación de California y Galicia. Según parece comenzó en Instagram, aquí podéis leer el artículo completo. Esta muy bien… igual debería comenzar el concepto de Gaustralia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment