Wednesday 24 July 2013

Labour 3 – Parto 3


Moxa

[ENGLISH] I went to see the midwife yesterday and she said that the cervix is “more ready” but that I might need to get induced... and because there is no dilatation, they will have to do the “two-day” gig where they would admit me into hospital on Sunday and give me the gel to “ripen my cervix” and then the induction would start on Monday. I don’t want that, I could live with a one day induction but I really don’t want to repeat G’s birth where everything started 9am on a Thursday and baby was born 7:14pm on the Friday.


As a consequence, operation eviction has started. Aside from the home methods that everyone knows, I went and had some acupuncture yesterday. I got some needles in hands, arms, legs and feet followed by what it looked like a small cigarette butt which instead of burning tobacco was burning some Chinese Medicinal Herbs (Moxa). I had never seen it before, let’s see if it works.

Moxa
The other, unintentional, thing that we are doing is that we have no car, it has broken down and it is in the mechanic until tomorrow… according to Murphy’s Law, I should go into full on labour tonight. Let’s see.


[ESPAÑOL] Ayer me tocó ver a la matrona otra vez. Me hizo un examen interno y aunque reconoció que la cérvix se estaba preparando, me dijo que no había nada de dilatación… O sea que parece que si no pasa nada, me tendrán que inducir. Y si no hay dilatación, pues entonces me toca el show de los dos días, donde me ingresarían el domingo para ponerme el gel que “borra el cuello del útero” y luego la inducción propiamente dicha empezaría el lunes. No quiero pasar por eso otra vez. No quiero repetir el nacimiento de G donde me pusieron el gel un jueves a las 9am y G nació el viernes a las 7:14pm.
Thai Chili Basil -  Plato Tailandes con Chiles y Albahaca

Como consecuencia, la operación desalojo ha comenzado. Además de los remedios caseros conocidos por todo el mundo, fui a que me dieran acupuntura. Me pusieron agujas en los brazos, manos, piernas y pies. Después me colocaron una especie de colilla-banderilla quemando hierbas medicinales chinas (Moxa). Nunca había visto nada así, a ver si funciona.

La otra parte de la operación desalojo, enteramente accidental pero seguramente definitiva, es que se nos ha estropeado el coche y estará en el taller hasta mañana… de acuerdo con la ley de Murphy, me pondré de parto esta noche. Lo veremos.




No comments:

Post a Comment